Friday, July 31, 2015

Four Interesting Announcements Spewing out of GenCon ...So Far

#1. Moon Design now is part of the ownership group of Chaosium. This means "The band is back together," according to Petersen when referring to Glorantha and Runequest. Indeed. Which leads to...

#2. There will be a new edition of Runequest coming, according to witnesses -- but don't panic yet! Design Mechanism will still be doing it. Alas, this is probably a stake in the heart for the lighter fantasy RPG Magic World that I love so much. Maybe they will ditch that crappy font in RQ6 that makes the book a serious annoyance for me to read. Yes, I probably have some form of SPD, but I'd love to be able to do something with Runequest and that font....oh gods those little curlique ts that loop back....the humanity...

#3. Vampire: The Masquerade will get a 4th edition. This will be the edition to fully and truly start edition wars for WoD fans, apparently. I'll probably get it.

#4. Pelgrane is doing the Delta Green RPG?. I bet they are!!!! Will it be Gumshoe-powered. Fuuu....


4 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more about the RQ6 typography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I am not alone on this! Vindicated.

      Delete
    2. I love RQ6, but I suspect TDM are alone in liking that font. ;)

      Delete
    3. I can't stress enough how happy I am to know it wasn't just me.

      Delete