Thursday, January 31, 2013

Deathwatch: The Ark of Lost Souls



Fantasy Flight Games has found my weakness: Deathwatch - The Ark of Lost Souls, is what appears to be a campaign/scenario book for the Deathwatch Warhammer 40K RPG (of which there seem to be many with different themes). But this one is about the deathwatch marines, I guess, and it's latest scenario book sounds like the Space Hulk game properly translated into an RPG environment. Space Hulk was one of my all-time favorite minis/board games twenty years ago. Damnit....I may be buying both soon....

I'm really not into Warhammer 40K, but the idea of space marines exploring derelict, haunted vessels filled with gene stealers has always intrigued me. Thus why I snagged MaschineZeit recently (about which I plan to write more on, soon).

3 comments:

  1. I'm generally skeptical about the roleplaying possibilites of military RPGs to begin with... but shoving one into a mega-dungeon seems to narrow them down even more.
    I do like Space Hulk though, so surely I must be missing something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I don't reall care about Deathwatch....and know very little about WH40K, but the Space Hulk concept is awesome. I might take a look at just the book and see how adaptable it is to another system.

      Delete
    2. I took a look at a copy of Deathwatch last night and decided that the game & universe just ain't for me. Still going to check out the supplement, though....if it could be hacked to work with GURPS Space, Traveller or SWN it might be worth a buy.

      Delete